Responsible for the daily operations of aircraft maintenance and painting. Provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to the painters for the purpose of achieving optimal paint results. Initiate correct paint processes and encourage the team to drive results and work together. Ensure company environmental, health and safety policies are always enforced. Proactively engage with all personnel entering the hangar environment and provide leadership to ensure safety requirements are always followed. Ensure processes designed to protect customer assets are in place and followed. Direct staff to efficiently complete shift targets in accordance with company processes and procedures. Conduct start-of-shift briefings with paint staff and communicate daily targets, as well as any pertinent quality or safety information. Ensure the work completed is of the highest quality level by actively monitoring and directing the work performed by paint staff. Proactively work to ensure first time quality is achieved at every stage of the paint event. Provide accurate and specific status updates to management. Escalate issues which may cause deviations from the project schedule, and suggest solutions to recover schedule, to the production manager. Maintain a constant presence on the hangar floor and act as focal point for all activities in the hangar for the indirect departments such as quality, materials, facilities etc. Ensure correct material is used on aircraft. Take responsibility of hangar and facility standards with regard housekeeping and cleanliness with focus on the 5S principles of sorting, systematic arrangement, shining, standardizing, and sustaining. Improve manhour and material usage efficiency and communicate any areas of improvement to the team. Escalate any additional work items or over and above items to the attention of the production manager. Actively engage with customer representatives whenever necessary and ensure any pertinent information is brought to the attention of the production manager. Complete assigned paperwork in a timely manner to ensure conformance to quality standards. Complete comprehensive shift turnovers and ensure all pertinent information is shared. Assist production manager with creating paint plans and schedules for each paint event to ensure all SOW items are adequately resourced and accounted for to deliver to desired KPI’s. Assist production managers with daily management and adjustment of project plans to account for variables, such as over and above work or quality rework, have minimal impact to schedule. Take ownership to lead, motivate, develop, and train paint staff and share information. Escalate any personnel or HR issues to the production manager. Support production manager when necessary.
Requirements: Requires a High School Diploma or GED and 2 years’ experience as an aircraft painter.
Experience must include:
1. Experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft office suite, including Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint.
2. Experience working in fast-pasted, highly detailed oriented commercial/industrial aircraft repair, maintenance, or painting environment.
3. Experience performing all paint prep functions, including masking, sanding, cleaning, tacking, livery layout, maintenance marking application and detail.
4. Experience creating paint plans and schedules to ensure all SOW items are resourced and KPIs are delivered.
5. Experience maintaining 5s/6s and FOD requirements to ensure that hangar cleanliness is maintained daily.
6. Experience training all painter levels and properly delegate training duties.
7. Experience in post incident/accident procedures and documentation.
8. Ability to wear full face respirators, coveralls and fall restraint equipment.
9. Must pass a DOT drug and alcohol tests.
10. Must pass color vision test (must see colors with or without correction).
11. Must pass a 10-year background check to obtain an airport security badge.
12. Ability to work more than 8 hours a day and more than 40 hours a week (during peak season).
13. Must possess specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
14. Ability to work overhead and at heights of 50 feet.
This position qualifies for an employee referral bonus. If you are an IAC employee and would like to recommend someone for this position, please let us know. Check your Employee Handbook for more details!