Reports to: SVP Operations
Location: Shannon, Ireland and within the IAC Group (available and comfortable with international travel). Applicants with EU or Swiss Citizenship only.
Production Management Graduate Program Overview
This 18 month Graduate programme is structured to provide each individual with an opportunity to develop their capabilities by supporting the Production Management Team and taking responsibility for individual assigned projects.
Over the course of the program Graduates will gain valuable Production Management skills including: Project Management, Leadership/People Management, Facility Management, Manpower Planning and Budget control.
With role specific training, hands-on responsibility at an early stage and the support of the Production Management Team, graduates will develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed and will benefit from exposure to a number of areas of the business and global locations, gaining insight into how we work, the standards we set for our valuable customers and gain a real sense of how they contribute to the overall IAC Group.
• Support Production Manager to ensure all projects are managed in a consistent manner, ensuring project plan, milestones and targets are achieved.
• Work with Production Manager and Team Leaders to progress the layover in line with the project plan and prioritise accordingly.
• Ensure customer requirements and expectations are consistently met.
• Engage with the organisation in a professional manner at all times and develop excellent, positive working relationships with customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure targets are met.
• Assist the Production Manager in managing and monitoring Production operational budgets, direct and indirect costs for optimum project and hangar performance.
• Support the Production Manager in meeting and beating the Production hangar budget.
• Take ownership of hangar standards and general upkeep on the floor to ensure the hangar is maintained to the required standards at all times.
• Ensure Production employees are compliant with all safety and training requirements and that required standards are adhered to.
• Be aware of relevant company policies and procedures and ensure the requirements they specify are documented/implemented in standard procedures and communicated to Team Leaders and Teams.
• Ensure all required layover documentation is completed and stored in line with Company procedures.
• Contribute with ideas to work processes in order to improve/optimise efficiency, quality and ground time.
• Take an active role in the implementation of solutions for process improvements in all areas.
• Support effective communications across the Production department and with other relevant departments.
• Support in leading and motivating the Production team to ensure high performance with a strong focus on problem solving and team work.
• Provide strong, capable leadership and clear direction to all team members.
• Support in the management and development of Production employees to maximize performance of individuals and respective teams to ensure targets for quality, costs and standards are achieved.
• Work with the Production Management Team to manage the availability of labour against the project plan and to optimise labour across the hangars.
• In collaboration with the Production Management Team, manage the delivery of ad hoc projects that have an impact on company targets and goals.
• Deputise for the Production Manager and ensure a controlled and professional handover when required.
• Perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required by the Senior VP Operations.
• Highly motivated, self-starter with strong leadership capability.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and confident when dealing with Teams and Customers.
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively under pressure and manage situations as they evolve.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability and the adaptability to be successful in a changing environment.
• Demonstrated delivery of results to meet company targets.
• Proven ability to lead a team, set goals, meet milestones and develop individuals to achieve their potential.
• 1 years’ experience in a similar role
• It is essential that candidates are available to travel to IAC and customer locations worldwide.
Closing date: Friday 15th November 2019