Job Title: Financial Accountant (Maternity Cover)
Reporting To: VP Finance – Europe & Asia
Function of Position:
This large and high profile role entails providing strong Financial Controllership & Leadership to the organisation.
- Prepare & provide monthly, quarterly & annual executive updates on company performance
- Oversight of Europe & Asia month end financial reporting
- Ownership of preparation & publication of Global Consolidated Financials & Finance Pack
- External Audit oversight for all Europe & Asia Entities, along with oversight for Global entity
- Internal Controls oversight, reviewing the controls environment, ensuring effective & robust policies, procedures & controls are in place
- Board Of Directors Meetings – Financials ownership of Board Pack
- Strategic Business Case involvement (e.g. Expansion, M&A, Investment, etc..)
- Responsibility for continually assessing our current Finance & related IT applications to ensure all tools are working efficiently. Identify any risks/concerns and develop a risk mitigation plan to address.
- Attend/Chair relevant cross-functional calls requiring Finance Support
- Ad hoc project engagement
- Accounting qualification (eg. ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.) with +1-2 years industry experience.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen, specifically be able to articulate how operational activities impact accounting entries and ultimately financial results
- Strong audit background.
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and understand key variables to minimize risk.
- Proven aptitude for process improvement / process re-engineering.
- Self – starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative and in conjunction with other key process leaders.
- Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion. Realistic and pragmatic approach to objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; (verbal, written and presentations).
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively at all levels within the organization including Operations & Finance Executive Management Team