The EHS Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the company complies with environmental legislation regarding safety in the workplace. He/she will promote good working practices for employees and ensure steps are taken to protect the environment from the actions of the organization. They will examine procedures, actions, and look for potential hazards in the day to day operation. When an individual is injured, they will conduct the investigation and write up the report.
- Ensuring employees comply with company environmental health and safety policies and
- Ensuring the site complies with air emissions permits, wastewater and storm water permits, and federal/state/local hazardous waste regulations applicable to the
- Submitting required reports to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and/or regional environmental and safety regulatory agencies for air emissions inventories, wastewater and storm water samples and discharges, hazardous waste shipments, chemical inventories, emergency response and contingency plans, and injuries.
- Management of industrial safety programs applicable to aircraft painting operations, including but not limited to fall protection, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, aerial lift and forklift operation, chemical hazard communication, controlling exposure to toxic chemicals, chemical emergency response, fire protection, electrical safety, ergonomics, and injury
- Training employees on safety and environmental requirements pertinent to their
- Collecting and submitting required quarterly air samples monitoring the exposure of employees to hexavalent
- Defining and updating legal and other requirements applicable to the site for ISO 14001 EMS
- Collecting required storm water samples during appropriate rain
- Observing aircraft painting operations and warning employees if they are in a potentially unsafe
- Conducting weekly inspections of exhaust ventilation and filter systems and maintaining logs of such
- Inspecting hazardous waste storage areas at least weekly and maintaining logs of such
- Keeping EHS / Facilities Manager informed of environmental, health, & safety activities at the
- Use of the air emissions database to record paint and chemical usage on each aircraft painted at the
- Maintenance of hazardous waste manifests and logs for waste shipments sent offsite for
- Maintenance of the site’s OSHA 300 log for tracking recordable and lost/restricted workday
- Implementation on site of the environmental management system (EMS) conforming to the ISO 14001
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health and safety or any related discipline such as chemistry or biology.
- Minimum of 3 years environmental health and safety experience in an industrial
- Strong attention to detail, great observation skills, and knowledge of environmental law.
- Aviation paint experience desired but not a
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel and